The 5th International ETNA Conference featured in the Danish media with an article prepared by the journalist Helene Dambo who attended the wonderful ETNA conference in June 2017. Some of you also attended the conference. Hopefully it will remind you of the good time we all had and the work we promised to do on the two main themes of the conference: Migration and Healthcare technologies.
Click here for the full article
Whether you missed the 5th International ETNA Conference in Denmark, or whether you wish to re-live all the moments from the conference, check out the live tweets during the conference in this story!
ETNA would like to raise £2000 to help those who wish to attend the ETNA conference in June 19-20 in Odense, Denmark, but have financial difficulties.
Please click on the link below now and make a small donation. If you do not have a PayPal account you can create one, it is very easy.
Your small donation will go a long way in helping us achieve our goal.
We are grateful to all those who have already donated, but more donations are needed to reach the target.
Share a little love today. MAKE A DONATION!
This MOOC examines three key areas of learning:
a) intercultural communication
b) multicultural/multidisciplinary teams
c) patient safety
More specifically this MOOC will address the following:
- What is intercultural communication?
- What are the characteristics of effective intercultural communication and how can we achieve them?
- What do we mean by Multicultural/Multidisciplinary Healthcare Teams (MMHT)?
- Why is effective intercultural communication essential to MMHT?
- What challenges do MMHTs face in learning to communicate through the cultural boundaries of each other’s cultures?
- What is patient safety?
- Why do we need to be concerned about it?
- Why effective intercultural communication within MMHT is the key to patient safety?
If you are a health professional I hope that this short course will help you to reflect deeply on your practice and that of your colleagues; if you are or have been a patient, I believe that as a human being you will also benefit by reading and discussing some of the content in this course with others who are following it.
Language taught in: English (United Kingdom) with some content and discussion in Greek, Italian, Danish, Romanian.
The MOOC will start on 16th January 2017 and will last 6 weeks.
The latest ETNA newsletter is now available to read online or download!
Click here for the latest newsletter or visit the "Newsletter" Tab, where you can find all issues.
Odense in Denmark welcomes the 5th International Conference of the European Transcultural Nursing Association on the 19th and 20th of June 2017.
The conference will focus on methodological, ethical, practical and educational issues. We therefore welcome any paper that covers any of the following or related issues and topics:
- The use of technologies for the creation and dissemination of culturally competent health promotion,
- The creation and implementation of culturally competent rehabilitation programmes through the use of assistive technologies.
- Digital technologies in delivering nursing education • Researching nursing and health care through digital technologies
- The ethics of assistive technologies in nursing and health care
- Other relevant papers
Promoting Cultural competence in a digital/technological world.
21st century migrants and refugees: Mass migration into Europe due to wars and ethnic conflict A parallel theme of the conference will be the mass migration of people in Europe due to wars and ethnic conflict.
Papers addressing methodological, ethical, practical and educational issues underpinned by the notion or theories of cultural competence are most welcome.
- Abstract submission open: 1 September 2016
- Abstract submission deadline: 31 of January 2017
- Notification of acceptance: 15 of February 2017
Click here for more information and more details to follow soon!
A) Invitation for submission of abstracts
B) Invitation to subscribe to the conference
It is my great pleasure to announce that Middlesex University London, will host the one day conference ‘Promoting Culturally Competent and Compassionate Leadership for Nurses and Other Health Professionals’ on Wednesday, the 27th July 2016.
For more details click here.